Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finding Inspiration

I'm going to attempt to tear myself away from Swamp People on the history channel long enough to put together some sort of blog posting.

First, someone asked me an excellent question the other day.  "What are your goals with your horrid diet anywho?" I never really planned out specific goals for the long term...I was just anxious to get started. The main goal was to just complete the 21 day challenge, which I've already faltered on. I was going to say "failed", but I'm not sure I would really call it that.  Despite the fact that I've "cheated" and indulged in some forbidden foods, I'm still fully conscious of the changes I'm attempting to make in my life. And really, that's the ultimate goal...LIFE CHANGE. I mean, to seriously change your life, that takes time and patience. As long as I can stay motivated to continue no matter what, that's important. I'm not going to say, "Well I already ate the pizza...I may as well give up!" F*ck that! I'm going to say, "You know what, I had some pizza. But that's okay, because I ate really healthy all day, and I'm going to eat really healthy for as long as I can from this point on." And it's not just diet, it's a frame of mind. I need to change the way I THINK about things. I'm trying to change the way I behave physically. I'm trying to not be so stagnant. I just want to NOT come home and sit on my ass every day. I want to come home and enjoy my physically able body.  So many times I've thought to myself, "Wow, I really take my body for granted! Look what it can DO when I push it!" It really is amazing. Who CARES if you're ten pounds overweight (As determined by who? Government health officials?)! If you can go on an awesome hike, a run, a walk or anything and enjoy yourself then you're winning!

Back to diet. I have a couple more links that I've been frequenting myself for inspiration. The first one is a blog called "Cave Girl Eats" which in itself has all kinds of other awesome links. Click here if you want to see what it's about http://cavegirleats.com/ . I love how she talks about being Paleo on the outside as well as within, so I'm already looking forward to blogging about Paleo approved products for the body/beauty routine.  If you're filling your body with all these delicious organic foods, why would you slather the outside with things like Parabens and Sodium Laureth Sulfate?

And here's some more great information about Paleo Diet in general http://www.gnolls.org/1141/eat-like-a-predator-not-like-prey-paleo-in-six-easy-steps-a-motivational-guide/  This one talks about ways to avoid letting your Paleo Diet adventures turn into "Failio Diet." Yup. I shoulda read that one a couple weeks ago, eh?

Another question came up the other day about the Devil...my best friend...Sugar. This person had some questions about different types of sugar, and how the body metabolizes them differently. It was a very good question, and we'll definitely be exploring that soon.

And I just realized I have no food prepared for tomorrow.....ungh....

No comments:

Post a Comment