Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Dangers of Cheating...

Sooo...after being pretty good for a whole week (aside from Ginger Ale and Bread consumption while sick), hubs introduced me to the 80:20 rule. His theory is that if you're good 80% of the time, it's okay to be bad 20% of the time. We celebrated this realization by downing Top Pot Doughnuts and coffee and Mexican(American) food.



The result...I feel like complete shite. Seriously. Ugh.  Slept in super late. Doughnut consumption occurred at approximately 10:00 am. I did manage to avoid dairy by adding Soy Milk to my coffee, which normally I wouldn't do.  Sugar is the devil, and I feel like soy is quite possibly it's younger brother. We'll save that for a different blog post. I also added Splenda (not really a better alternative) instead of sugar.  Altogether, quite unhealthy no matter how you spin it.  Surprisingly, this combination kept me full til about 3:30. Off to Las Margaritas for Americas crappy excuse for Mexican food. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't really Mexican. I only went because all I wanted was a Chimichanga. And, boy, did I have a Chimichanga. Yum/barf.

I was pretty active today though, so hopefully SOME of it was burned off. Lots of running all over the place, and trips to not one but TWO dog parks.



By about 4:00 this afternoon, I could barely function. I've been practically comatose for the past 4.5 hours. I feel disgusting. My belly is totally bloated, I've got the worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) gas ever, my head feels cloudy, and I'm totally exhausted.  This means that my sugar metabolism is very, very bad and that I should continue to avoid it.  Since I'm still very angry with sugar and how it wreaks such havoc on my body, I'd like to share with you a link that my friend D posted on my Facebook wall which further outlines the serious dangers of sugar consumption.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/magazine/mag-17Sugar-t.html?_r=1

If you're interested in watching the video (which is an 1.5 hours long), there is a link from the article or you can just click here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

I myself have not watched the video, as it is late and I consumed waaaay too much sugar and I'm about to crash hardcore, but I will definitely do that tomorrow.

I imagine that all the crap I ate today, while making me groggy, will not be helping me sleep tonight.  My body will be working furiously to digest and break all this down while I'd rather be sleeping. I wish I wasn't so WEAK. 21 days...that's all I wanted! You'd think it wouldn't be so hard to dedicate three weeks of your life to proper nutrition. Ungh.  But lesson learned. It feels so much better to eat amazingly fresh food that you prepare your self. The crap TASTES good, but the aftermath is ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment