Friday, June 3, 2011

Dear Blog...

...I'm sorry I've neglected you :-/ It's kinda hard to keep up when you seriously have no time to write. I can't believe it's been so long since I sat down to do this. So what have I been doing with my time?

1) I've completed CrossFit Bellevue Fundamentals! 10 workouts spread out over several weeks working out M/W/F. I think the last workout I blogged was #2? I promise I'll catch up.

2) Hubs and I went from three kids in our Tae Kwon Do classes on T/Th to about 25 students total, give or take a few. Our largest group is the adult group...we have about 15 adults, which is exactly the opposite of what we had going in Missouri. It's crazy! And ALL of our students are AWESOME! Everyone is so dedicated. We had our first Orange Belt Testing with the original 3 and I am so proud of them. It was extremely difficult to not cry while they were getting their belts. These little guys are so awesome.

3) I work. A lot. I'm in the middle of a 9 day work week right now.

So, basically, I haven't had any nights to sit on my ass and do nothing. At least, to do nothing coherently? If that makes any sense?

What else, what else.  Um...I gained 5 lbs. Which is pretty much expected for a CrossFit noob who's upping their protein intake. When you haven't been working out like that and you throw yourself into it, you put on muscle pretty fast.  Ignoring the numbers on the scale, I'm looking at these little differences in my body. My arms look a little more cut, my waist looks a little smaller, my upper back looks a little tighter. Not too shabby.  I'd post pictures, but I'm being lazy right now.

My nemesis is still DIET. Argh. I'm eating clean only about 50% of the time. My body is not going to really change till I kick my bad habits in the arse. One day it's eggs, nuts, fruits, veggies and fish...the next day it's Muscle Milk + Cake/Ice Cream for dinner. What the hell?  I just love food SOOOO much. There's nothing wrong with the good stuff...fresh protein and produce is delicious!!! What's better than ripe, juicy strawberries? Pan seared Tilapia? Crisp spinach? Donuts, apparently. Ack.

All I can do is keep trying, right?  Anywhooo...sorry there's no pictures in this one. I'll try to be more consistent in my posting. Now that I'm no longer in fundamentals, I have a little more freedom in my schedule.

*sigh*

I'm just gonna sit here and veg out while my abs scream at me. I'm not even going to edit this right now. If you find spelling and grammatical errors, please, make fun of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment