Sunday, June 19, 2011

8 Weeks to Change Your Life



Okay...so it's time to bite the bullet and nip this diet issue once and for all. Seriously. If you've been following my blog, you know I've "crossed-over" to the CrossFit side of working out. I finished the fundamentals program at Crossfit Bellevue and have been working my way into doing the regular WOD (workout of the day) classes there. They had a nutrition seminar yesterday about the Paleo Diet (which I've also blogged about) to kick off an 8 WEEK PALEO CHALLENGE. See the picture above? Those are all things you can eat on the Paleo Diet. That's a lot of food! Variety...all delicious...healthy.  So why has it always been so hard for me to stick with it?

That's a difficult question to answer.  I kind of feel like hubs and I tend to sabotage each other on diet. One of us will be trying really hard to stick with it, while the other is like "PIZZAPIZZA." Luckily, we are doing this together. And there's MONEY involved. And PRIZES. Incentive. That's what we've been lacking (as if better health is not enough). They've even come up with a handy spreadsheet to help us track things and calculate points. Half the work is already done. The other half is hitting the gym. 3 WODS a week or more. You get BONUS points for doing other healthy things...like 8 hours of sleep at night, and supplementing with fish oil.

I guess I'm kind of starting over with the blog.  I've tried to stick to strict Paleo before and my heart just wasn't in it. This is the real deal.  Not only are hubs and I doing it together, but about 40 other people at the gym are doing it as well. They've taken my "before" picture. It's been captured. No turning back.  No grains. No dairy.  No legumes.  Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment