Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Aftermath of Workout #2....

...is that any sort of "descending"movements=ouch.  Like walking down a hill, moving down a flight of stairs, bending over, sitting down....ouch. I'm not quite as sore as I thought I would be, but it is definitely noticeable. And it feels kinda good! It feels good to use your body. I really don't believe it's possible to see a difference in your body after only two workouts, but I could swear that my quads look bigger. Maybe they're swollen? I dunno. But I can't wait for number three.

Okay, so number two.  I warmed up with some running drills like high knees, butt kicks, and grape vines. I know that in CrossFit, they put an emphasis on pose running. I don't know very much about this yet, but I'm looking forward to learning about it as I feel it will make running less painful and more enjoyable for me. Here is a short article I found on pose running: http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/64_07_PoseRun_Techniques.pdf

I then learned the proper technique for doing Sumo Dead lift High Pulls , Kettlebell Swings, and Lunges. I then did three rounds of these three things combined in reps of 21, 15, 9. I completed my three rounds in just 7:40! I'm not sure if this is awesome or not...but I felt pretty awesome just for pushing my way through it. I was trying to explain to someone why I like the idea of CrossFit so much and why it's more expensive than a gym membership. When you pay for CrossFit, it's not just a gym membership...you have someone standing there with a stop watch, motivating you to keep going. There is NO WAY I would have completed three rounds of that if nobody was watching. Seriously. I would have crapped out, I'm sure.

Then I did a cool-down walk in the parking lot and came back in to learn how to do some movements on a GHD (Glute/Ham developer) machine. Sit ups, back extensions and a few other things I hope I will remember later. I've also finally realized how a foam roller can be your best friend.

I'm going to post some video clips so you can see what I'm talking about...but I'll warn you that for some reason I have trouble doing it so that it looks nice. I'm obviously going to have to do some work on formatting.

Also, I don't know how many of my readers actually do CrossFit as well...but I would like to point out that I'm a total novice.  If you ever think it looks like I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, leave a comment. Please. Correct me! I want to know!

Sumo Dead lift high pulls , Kettlebell Swings, GHD exercises.















No comments:

Post a Comment